WKU Public Radio App
WKU Public Radio App:
The WKU Public Radio App allows you to listen to WKU live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for WKU all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to WKU with the alarm clock!Live Streaming
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WKU even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WKU in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!On Demand
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and WKU) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WKU Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.Radio Bookmarks
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).Search
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.Additional features
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WKU Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at the WKU and Listener-Interactive. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WKU Public Radio by becoming a member today!http://www.wkyufm.orghttp://www.listener-interactive.com
The application has access to the following:
prevent device from sleeping
Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
Allows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
full network access
Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
view network connections
Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
view Wi-Fi connections
Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
read phone status and identity
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
modify system settings
Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.
send sticky broadcast
Allows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the tablet slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory. Allows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the phone slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.
find accounts on the device
Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the tablet. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed. Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
receive text messages (SMS)
Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
send SMS messages
Allows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.